Exciting news for SL fashion designers: Adobe CS3 Extended will contain features that could dramatically change your content creation workflow. According to the Adobe site users will be able to:
Edit existing textures on 3D models directly within Photoshop Extended and immediately see the results. Photoshop Extended supports common 3D interchange formats, including 3DS, OBJ, U3D, KMZ, and COLLADA, so you can import, view, and interact with most 3D models.
From what I can tell, not only will designers be able to preview their designs within Photoshop, but, according to John Nack, Senior Product Manager at Adobe, users will be able to “[Paint] directly on the textures of 3D files & updating the models.”
Right now I personally use external 3d applications to preview and paint textures directly on to models, but it certainly would be great if I could get a lot more of the work done without leaving Photoshop.
I know many of you can’t afford Adobe Photoshop, let alone the extended version, but for those of you who currently use Photoshop for fashion and avatar design in Second Life, you might want to consider the benefits of upgrading your 7, CS, or CS2 to CS3 Extended. Look for more information here once it’s available, and, of course, a tutorial once I get my copy of CS3 Extended.
Many thanks to Tom Reddevil for translating one of my tutorials into Portuguese. I realized in putting together Tom’s translation that my tutorials are a bit out of date having been written over 2 years ago. Some of the keyboard shortcuts have changed, for instance. I’m thinking of taking my PDF tutorial and making it available in HTML, I just need to set aside the time to do so. Where to find the time!?
If you would like to translate one of my tutorials, please send me an email. Tom did a great job mirroring my layout in Microsoft Word which made it super easy to cut and paste.
“VastPark is a virtual content platform featuring free tools, revolutionary distributed content syndication and enables you to deploy your own virtual world or online game within seconds royalty free.”
Just a fun little meme I spotted on a few other SL-related blogs today.
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that’s playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don’t lie and try to pretend you’re cool…
- Opening Credits: Western Wind (Demo) – Saint Etienne
- Waking Up: No Matter What You Do – Love
- First Day At School: Kelly – M83
- Falling In Love: Urban Landscape – Robert Fripp
- Breaking Up: Patrolling Wire Borders – Brian Eno
- Prom: Intro to Fraulein – DEVO
- Life’s Ok: Holiday Hymn – Orange Juice
- Driving: From the Gut – Husker Du
- Flashback: These Important Years – Husker Du
- Getting Back Together: Nothing Left 2 – Orbital
- Wedding Scene: I’m Gonna Free Her – Roky Erickson
- Birth of Child: Amerimacka – Thievery Corporation
- Final Battle: Baghdad – Rida Al-Abdallah
- Death Scene: Climbing Up The Walls – Radiohead
- Funeral Song: Sha-La-La-La-Lee – The Small Faces
- End Credits: Caucasian Sketches, In the Mountain Pass – Ippolitov-Ivanov
Hmm, two Husker songs in a row, wonder what the odds are…?